Bad Blood 2024 - Matches of Interest

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

So, best show of them all, huh? Guess we’ll see about that. While we contemplate, here’s what’s got my attention. Care to take a look? We’re probably on the same page.

 

So, first order of business is the supposed first order of business. Word is that the Hell in the Cell Match is going to open. I wouldn’t do this. Only because of the logistics. Just face it. It takes time to set up. Time to break down. Even if CM Punk and Drew McIntyre knock it out of the park, you risk a loss in momentum. First match should set the tone of the night.

 

Personally, I’m thinking it should be Rhea Ripley and Liv Morgan. That’s fun. Dominik Mysterio is in a shark cage. Already, they’ve kinda undersold themselves and that’s fine. The kids get to prove themselves while everyone else gauges how to measure up. To me, that’s a better way to set themselves up for success.

 

The HIAC is hit or miss by default and then you pressurize it by opening? I don’t know. I think it leaves them trying to salvage something more than have fun. If I had the say, I’d put it in the middle. The end could serve as a just intermission. People could use the restroom. Re-up on refreshments while they break it all down and set up for the main event or penultimate match. Whatever the outcome, WWE looks more like it knows what it’s doing than force people to nail it. I like these guys but there’s no guarantee this match works. Morgan and Ripley, we at least have fun and that’s always a great way to start. My prime directive would be starting on a high note.

 

That said, I am looking forward to the HIAC Match and I have faith that they can nail it but it all depends. I really think it has to be heady yet physical. Punk has to demonstrate he knows how to get a job done. The WWE Universe is a literal one. Punk talks a big game. How does he back it up? That’s what HIAC has to ultimately reveal. We know McIntyre can kick an ass. How does Punk counter? And believably not die? This is what I’m looking at. If Punk pulls it off. Consider it a success.

 

And so, that leaves the Bloodline vs. Roman Reigns & Cody Rhodes. To look at it. I’d swerve and have Reigns turn on Rhodes. Solo Sikoa was lying in the cut all this time. They looked at the stats and saw that Reigns won so…he’s the Tribal Chief. But that doesn’t mean he and all of them aren’t crazy. They trying to “win”, whatever that means, and so Reigns moves the merch he gets top seat. Case closed. No House of the Dragon or so it could seem.

 

If the Rock is to come in, I need to see the long game and as is, I don’t see it. Not to say it's not there, but I’m not seeing it. Why does he intervene? If anything, that pivot should have happened when Sika and Afa passed. That’s the opening. 2 Elders are gone. Someone has to step up. If we’re story-telling, that’s a turning point. This is just gimmick if he enters now for no real reason.

 

Yet, if The Rock is to come in in anyway, then I think Sikoa and Jacob Fatu pull off a win. Then The Rock can come in to set things straight, so to speak. Something about their victory should be unfair and that element sullies the Family Name. Sikoa is thinking win at all costs. The Rock is thinking Honor. Here, you can go full HOTD. The break in philosophy sparks the civil war. But this can happen at the RAW Fallout. If the rumors are true. That’s what I’d do.

 

If that doesn’t happen, then all they have to do is have a fun match. Reigns & Rhodes are technically bigger than Sikoa & Fatu so I expect that to factor in the match. Both Sikoa & Fatu are stocky so, it won’t be easy but if Reigns & Rhodes are smart, they should prevail. And that should be what leads here. They’re the top guys for a reason. If Sikoa & Fatu want to measure up, they’ll have to.

 

I expect them to go for it, though. Why shouldn’t they? This is their chance and Fatu is showing he’s versatile and gets what works in the WWE Universe. It should be a banger but the “truth” should prevail. Rhodes can dance and Reigns will kick your ass in the end so, how does this work out? As long as it’s believable, the outcome will work. I’m open to either outcome as long as it makes sense.

 

That’s what I’m looking at. For everyone else, it’s the same deal as always. Prove you should be talked about. I’m open and willing but I like what I like so, don’t take it too personally. It may just be a matter of taste.

 

Unofficial watch party is at 3pm PDT. Join me if you’ve got a free afternoon.

 

See You Soon,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments