SmackDown to Redeem Itself on the Road to Summer Slam?...

 How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

Hang in there, however you are.  It’s all we can do.  Anyway, there’s nothing too thrilling going on in the WWE Universe but a little morsel that is interesting is the new filming location for RAW and SmackDown.  Orlando’s Amway Center appears to be the new spot.  Naturally, this is both encouraging and disconcerting.  With COVID still a threat, the question of whether it’s worth it to attempt live shows with fans arises.  Personally, I don’t know.  I sympathize with not minding taking the risk but at the same time, one doesn’t know the true cause and effect.  With people walking around asymptomatically, a person could have it and not know it and inadvertently transfer it someone who can’t combat it.  It’s not just about a person’s personal risk.  Simply attending could endanger who knows how many random people.  That’s why this pandemic is so frustrating.  You have to think of others and not just yourself.  I’m more than willing to take the risk but if I go visit someone days after and unknowingly get their grandmother sick, I’d be mortified but that is if I knew I was asymptomatic.  I guess in reality, I’d never make the correlation.  It’s a tough risk to assess.  Hopefully, they’ll be strict sanitation procedures in place.  I’m not sure prior COVID testing authentication for fans is a realistic solution.  It’s also unrealistic to think attendees would quarantine for 14 days afterwards.  It’s a toughie.

In any case, let’s get to tonight’s SmackDown.  Tonight should be interesting as we have the Ladies’ Battle Royale for #1 Contender in the hunt for the SmackDown Women’s Title.  Given who’s been revealed to be participating, Shayna Baszler is looking like the favorite but Naomi or Nikki Cross could surprise.  John Morrison will size up Big E.  Braun Strowman is gonna get in Bray Wyatt’s face to make sure he knows he’s not playing.  And we’ll get an interview from Alexa Bliss?... Not sure I even want to know how that’s gonna go.   Who thinks she’s gonna act like the whole Fiend Thing didn’t happen?  Let’s see how they piece this one together.  Last week wasn’t anything to write home about unless someone is having second thoughts about their career.  Word is that the WWE is looking for writers for SmackDown at the moment so that may explain the questionable quality.   Remember, there was a time that SmackDown was the “A” show.  It’s like at “D” right now, barely passing.  All the changes seem to be taking a toll.  We may have to add a lot of sugar to get this stuff down.  I’m not saying to be kind, though.  If they’re the best, they gotta show they’re the best.  There’s solid competition now and those people got shit to prove.  This old brand has to show it can stay on top.  Let ‘em have it if they deserve it.  Make me laugh and I’ll do you right and retweet it.  Make me really laugh or just read the sitch cold, you’ll get a Like and retweet.  I like to spread that sort of thing around.

Lastly, my latest article is up.  Let me know if I’m right or wrong.  Happy watching out there!

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)



Comments