SmackDown Eases into the Holidays...Among Other Things...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Happy Friday. It’s a pricey one for me. Had to get a smog check and they took me for $80! Every place I checked quoted me at $50. I had to opt for the closest option. Lesson learned. In any case, we don’t have that much to discuss. It’s kinda a slow news day but that doesn’t mean there’s no news. Let’s chat about some, shall we?



First up, we have some bittersweet news as Kenny Omega has claimed he is out indefinitely due to undisclosed injuries. He’s a bit of a workhorse so I’m not surprised it all just caught up with him. Corny as he can be, I respect the man and as everyone else, I wish him a speedy recovery. It’s always unfortunate when one of the bonafide soldiers gets sidelined. Hope to see him back in action soon.



In other news, there may be a shakeup in the TV listings as WWE is courting or is being courted by Warner Brothers/Discovery for TV time. RAW may find a new home on TBS or TNT network and could perhaps be in direct competition for AEW programming. And to add to that, word is that AEW’s numbers may have been inflated. It’s hard to say if they’re turning enough of a profit for WBD to consider them a worthwhile commodity. 



Well, it’s hard for me to say. I do feel that WWE does better when there is viable competition and AEW is currently the closest thing to that. Personally, I prefer MLW but their TV presence is minimal. We all know that TNA/Impact is 3rd rate at best. So, if AEW isn’t cutting it, I would say that’s unfortunate. Yet, if WBD feels that way, I would say they should consider the likes of a MLW. 



There’s word also that WBD is branching out in the wrestling world as they are going to dabble in a showing a Little Persons’ wrestling league. As much as that sounds like a poor taste Saturday Night Live sketch, it does appear to be true. I’m not sure how to feel about it because it seems rife for ridicule but if they do it in a respectful vein and we get to hear from the performers themselves, I don’t see why not. I suppose we shall see.



For the most part, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Roman Reigns is back and it’s hard to say how he’ll take all the “changes”. Meanwhile, the US Championship #1 Contender Tournament continues as Kevin Owens takes on that upstart in Austin Theory and Carmelo Hayes tries on the main roster again for size as he battles the Aussie upstart in Grayson Waller. More than likely to close, Randy Orton will continue his retribution against the Bloodline as he takes on Jimmy Uso. We can safely assume that Reigns will be keeping a close eye on this one. 



The unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PST. Feel free to check me out on Twitter/X but if you’re against it, I’ll post to Threads but it may be a little after the fact. I’m on the move this weekend. It’ll get posted over there but probably at the end of the weekend so, grin and bear it if you can. I won’t force you. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments