SmackDown Gets a Christmas Break...

 Isn’t that nice 😉



It’s only fair since RAW is gonna run a clip show. So, tonight we can look forward to pre-recorded action. As for wrestling, news there’s a lot of speculation floating around but nothing concrete as of yet but still a little to kick around so, let’s have a brief chat.



But before I get into that, let me just take a quick moment to say thanks to everyone stopping by. I know my little blog isn’t popular but it always surprises me when I get some traffic. The way I appear to work is that though my fans are few, they are die-hard so it’s nice to get a little recognition from time to time but I’ll be honest, I’ll be partial to those who’ve been there since Day 1.



Anyway, as for industry speculations, the likes of Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin and Mustafa Ali become free agents this week. As some of you may know, Matt Riddle recently signed with MLW which prompts me to be a bit conflicted because I am no fan of his. I like MLW but I’m thankful for their scant TV presence at the moment due to this acquisition. Only time will tell if he earns his keep.



On the other hand, TNA/Impact has been teasing a huge acquisition and many are conjecturing that means Ziggler. Personally, I’m still a little surprised that WWE is not considering reacquiring him. I can understand not having anything for him but I just feel it’s where he belongs. He earned his keep and he could always be kept on standby for the Royal Rumble and Battle Royales. And perhaps as an intriguing addition to any faction. He could have an Intercontinental Title run or US Title run from time to time. He could even hold the Money in the Bank contract on occasion. I would use him like Charlotte Flair and kind of have him be like a back up superstar. When no one else seems right for the job, slap it on Ziggler until someone impresses. 



Well, returns are common in the WWE. Perhaps in a year or 2. I suppose it’s a way to give him a chance to front a company for once but I feel being the US Champ in WWE is better than holding the main title anywhere else but that’s just my opinion.



Speaking of returns, word on the street is that we can expect the return of AOP in the new year. I respect them in the sense that they seem very well educated. Something that I think this industry needs. Given how numbers are out on the earning power of certain wrestling demographics, it wouldn’t be a bad idea for WWE to increase their lowest common denominator. 


One of my pet peeves about being a wrestling fan is the assumed low-brow sensibility. Why would anyone of decent intelligence like this stuff? It’s fake. It’s also fun and a great outlet for pent up emotions and aggressive tendencies. Some people take a nice hot bath, I watch wrestling. It’s as simple as that. I have a Bachelor’s Degree and some post-grad education. I also hold a respectable job. I don’t appreciate the assumption that I lack dignity and class. Anything that shows that WWE and Creative are thinking is an improvement in my book. 



Also, for the Bayley fans out there, it sounds like she re-signed with WWE for a few more years. The details are limited but if you like her where she is, your wish is granted. Can’t say I can see her anywhere else.



And so, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. It looks like an understated good one. With it being the Holidays and all, we get a look at the “B Squad” and see if anyone should be promoted to “A”. A prime example is Dragon Lee facing Pete “Butch” Dunne for the NXT North American Championship. The New Ladies will offer up some Holiday Havoc. We’ll advance the US Championship Contenders Tournament as Kevin Owens takes on Carmelo Hayes and Santos Escobar faces Bobby Lashley. Looks like we close with AJ Styles exacting some revenge on Solo Sikoa. There’s some good stuff here in theory. Let’s see how it plays out. Unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PST. Find me on Twitter or Threads. Whichever you prefer.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments