RAW Declares Open Season for WrestleMania...

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?

 

This Monday treating you well? I do hope so. It’s a Monday all right but I’ve certainly had worse. There are few things to talk about this evening. It’s the end of an era so to speak so let’s get into it.

 

In the Realm of AEW, they had their Revolution PPV and it also served as retirement party for the enigma that is Sting. I missed out on this guy. I just remember him making better use of The Crow face paint than the franchise. I didn't witness what made him so iconic. And when he came to WWE, he was simply too old. Not to say he got any younger with AEW but you see what I mean. No way this guy was getting much ring time wrassling at 107.

 

I try to live in accordance with Parkour so I try to only go forward. I don’t care to revisit the past unless for research purposes. I won’t likely go find his epic past matches and educate myself but I do take everyone’s word for it. He’s been around this long and definitely makes an impression so, I don’t doubt he matches the hype.

 

According to fan polls his match was second best of the night. The top honor goes to Will Osprey and Konosuke Takashita. Given the clips I’ve seen floating around Twitter, I’m not surprised. They are skilled practitioners, no doubt. A distant third was FTR vs. Claudio Castagnoli (f.k.a. Cesaro) and Jon Moxley. I don’t know what their gear was about. Perhaps some shout out to the Road Warriors or Gwar but I found it a bit half-assed. Either go all the way or not at all, guys. Stuff is hard enough to vouch for, come on.

 

Regardless, I may take some time and take a gander at these matches just to see how things are coming along. I hope Revolution was otherwise a success. AEW still comes off painfully second rate and WWE having a resurgence probably doesn’t help but I do hope these guys find their stride. I envision crossover activity in the future but that isn’t going to happen if they don’t measure up. Hopefully, they find a system that takes them there.

 

In other news in the WWE Universe, we have our first Hall of Fame entrant in Paul Heyman. He’s been doing it for longer than many of us have been alive so, I don’t know how we deny him. His presence and contribution is unparalleled. That should be a lengthy segment. Congratulations to our Sage of Wrestling!

 

And so, that more or less brings us tonight’s RAW. It’s all WrestleMania set up from here to next month so get comfortable. Last Friday we got the set up for the big, fat, Tag Team Match between The Rock & Roman Reigns against Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins. I’m hoping some intrigue happens that leads to matches within that of course but we’ll see what WWE comes up with.

 

In the meantime, for this evening we can expect, Imperium sans GUNTHER to take on the Judgment Day to settle some stewing beef. Jey Uso is going to see if he can put a dent in Drew McIntyre. Nia Jax now done with Rhea Ripley goes back to picking on Becky Lynch and Rhodes & Rollins let us know if they accept the Tag Match The Rock proposed. For all the nitty-gritty details you’ll have to watch. Unofficial Watch Party goes down at 8pm PST. Comes with getting filled in last.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 




 

Comments