SmackDown Closes the Books on Elimination Chamber...

 Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



Are you enjoying it? Meh, I’ve had worse, that’s for sure. Gotta make sure something gets done is all but for the most part, can’t complain. But, let me take a moment and say hello to all the aficionados from Singapore dropping in. I don’t know what adult site I’m popping up on but I appreciate the traffic. 



I actually have spent a few hours in Singapore in my youth. While I was in college, I studied abroad in Japan and during Spring Break I went to Thailand and had a layover there. I was with friends and I remember having a good time, for waiting for a flight. We wandered around and napped. In any case, welcome! There’s not much but I hope you enjoy what you find.



As for the Wrestling World, there’s not much going on but a few things caught my eye. Shall we have a brief chat on these matters? Let’s.



Well, AEW seems to be having a tough time giving itself some sense of direction. Some of the old WWE problems appear to be cropping up as talent are showing up to shows with nothing to do. Their Creative Team just doesn’t have stuff for everyone. I can understand how that’s frustrating. And on top of that, Tony Khan doesn’t seem to think there’s a problem. 



Well, if it’s getting addressed, I can understand what he means. These things sometimes take time because those involved have to figure out how to best put together all the pieces. I don’t mind AEW, I don’t. It’s not my particular cup of tea but I think it’s good that there are alternatives. It’s always good to have a different perspective. This is probably just part of their growing pains. I say, give it until the end of the year. If still no improvement, then people can start worrying.



Back in the WWE Universe, we have a return as Shawn Spears/Tye Dillinger returned to NXT. I’m not sure what to expect this time around. I thought his old gimmick of the “Perfect 10” could work if he was willing to be more “out there” with it. I didn’t really know where this sentiment was coming from so I figure a harmless yet delusional gimmick could work. He’d really have to play up not being all there, though. That may be hard to do in this day age as people call for more sensitivity to mental health so, we’ll see how his reincarnation goes. I wish him well.



That’s all that grabbed my attention so far which brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Tonight’s show should close out Elimination Chamber and set the tone for WrestleMania going forward. We can expect Naomi to see more of what this Tiffany Stratton is all about besides retro video games. Carlito will continue to probe Santos Escobar’s problem, this time in a street fight. As anticipated, Bayley and Dakota Kai will join forces to face their former allies in the Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane). And you don’t need me to tell you that the Bloodline is in attendance. The Rock made time in his busy schedule to make this appearance so I guess we better check it out. Unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PST. Get caught up with we West Coasters if you’re able.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments