SmackDown Takes Care of Some Business Before Money in the Bank...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Happy Friday! It’s a warm one in my neck of the woods but I suppose that goes for most of the United States. There are a few things to talk about this evening. Not all of them pleasant but noteworthy nonetheless. Shall we get to it? Let me begin.



First off, let us all pledge our humble and sincere condolences to The Bloodline and more specifically Roman Reigns as we acknowledge the passing of his father, Sika. I’m sure this came as a bit of a surprise, at least to us as fans as I only heard of his uncle, Afa, having health issues. I’ll be honest, I never saw these gentlemen in action but given the tributes I’ve seen, I’m sure they were something else. I feel for the family and they’re in my prayers and heart as they make their way through this trying time. 



In lighter news, some of the veterans of the industry took mild offense at the photo of Wyatt Sicks grabbing some burgers in street clothes and taking photos with fans. The likes of Mark Henry and Bully Ray feel it goes against the gimmick and the concept of kayfabe. I kinda see what they’re saying but I think in this day and age, they had to keep it real. Better to be personable than have it out that they’re too full of themselves to engage the masses. Trying to adhere to kayfabe would probably backfire in real time so I don’t blame them for being friendly. 



I get what Bully Ray and Henry mean but that’s hard to maintain these days. Fans know it’s all for show as we should. However, that doesn’t mean that kayfabe is dead, quite the contrary in my opinion. If you ask me, I’m sure that we as fans don’t know the half of the truth when it comes to how WWE runs and what things are really like behind the scenes. People forget that storylines are just that. There are a lot of stories that people believe to be true. Don’t ask me how I know, just trust that they tell us what to believe in the WWE Universe. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but remember, more of it’s story than real life. Don’t get it twisted and more importantly, don’t take it too seriously. Let people enjoy a nice meal out in public if they so please. 



And on that note, we have tonight’s SmackDown. Expect it to be a bit more somber as The Bloodline (i.e. Solo Sikoa) plan to formally induct the newcomers into the crew. We’ll probably see how he handles Paul Heyman’s failed attempt at defection too. The Ladies will get a lot of action tonight as they have Qualifying Matches for Money in the Back. We’ve got a couple Triple Threats on the docket as Naomi breaks in some of the new girls in Blair Davenport and Indi Hartwell. Jade Cargill will show us what she’s learned as she faces Candice LaRae and Tiffany Stratton. The boys have a Qualifying Match too as Logan Paul stops by to throwdown with Santos Escobar and LA Knight. You’ll have to make time to watch if you want to know what else happens.



The unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PDT. You’re always welcome to join if you’re willing and able. Take note that this is the week before Go-Home week so we should be getting nice and locked in for MITB next week. Let’s see what goes down.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 









Comments