SmackDown Would Take a Break If It Could...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Welcome to the weekend! So, there’s a bit to chat about. Not that much but enough to have a decent post so let’s get right into it and then go relax.

 

We’ll start in the Realm of AEW as the march to All In starts to ramp up to a gallop. The future is what matters at the moment but I think after All In, The Future will start coming back to the fore but for now, I appreciate the forward thinking AEW is showing.

 

The major point of interest is naturally the showdown between Will Ospreay and Kenny Omega. What I like about this is the way Omega plays it. At the moment, Ospreay is coming off like a hothead and Omega appears to be doing what he can to get in his head and “trigger” him. You could say that he’s being “The Heel” here but there’s a sort of Pai Mei, of Pulp Fiction fame, sensibility to it. He’s being hard on him to prompt the “next level” out of him it seems. You know, teach him a lesson.

 

I’ll admit, Omega appeared to take pleasure in planting Ospreay through the table at the end but Omega seems more “in control” in this face-off and I’m intrigued to see how that plays out. Good job, gentlemen.

 

As for The Future, not much to see here but I will commend Jay White for leading Jon Moxley into a commendable match on this week’s Dynamite. We know that Mox isn’t the best wrestler but he can wrestle. White is clearly the better practitioner and we witnessed what facing a more skilled opponent can do for a person. AJ Styles often provided the same step up for many of his opponents so White can consider himself in good company.

 

However, I hope Mox patted White on the back backstage ‘cause he left him to the slaughter when The Dogs and “The Hooligan” Gabe Kidd jumped him afterwards. Was that really necessary? White is a small dude 😉 For shame. We’ll see how that factors going forward but good work, gentlemen. The Future Looks Bright and there’s plenty of time so I don’t mind the asides.

 

In the WWE Universe, the buzz rose up around the departure of Ilja Dragunov. This is unfortunate but not surprising. From what I could gather, it sounds like it was more Dragunov’s decision so there’s some solace there. However, I don’t blame him. He’s a small guy and personally, it was exhausting watching him in action. I understand that he has to give 115% due to his stature but it reads like he’s gonna give himself a heart attack at 35 or burst a blood vessel. I’m tired just thinking about it.

 

Nevertheless, many feel he’ll land on his feet in AEW and if not there, probably NJPW. No one doubts his ability but the WWE Universe tends to be lukewarm on the small guys and given Creative often running dry, I respect him not wanting to hang out in catering while they figured out what to do with him. The best of luck to him.

 

And so that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. For this evening, we can expect to see Blake Monroe finally in action against Giulia. We can only assume that Giulia’s “slow burn” is intentional. Her fans want to see her get more respect and I can see why but we’ll see if they can sell her right. The Tongans will defend the Tag Team Championship in a rematch against Damian Priest and R-Truth. We’ll figure Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes are still brawling. And with the show in Ontario, Canada, we’ll see Kevin Owens battle CM Punk for the Undisputed Championship. It should be a lovely mess and I’m all for it.

 

I gotta cook tonight so, It may be a little while before I’m settled but it should be before the 1st hour concludes. We get started at 8pm PDT. Don’t ruin any of it for me.

  

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments