SmackDown Fallout - SummerSlam 2026

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Happy Friday! Well, the Wrestling World is kinda quiet at the moment but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to talk about. I’ve noticed a couple of things but nothing I can ramble on about for too long so, this shouldn’t be that long of a post. So, let’s just have the chat and get on with our lives, shall we? Here we go.

 

We’ll start in the Realm of AEW. They had a bit of a field trip this week as they were down in Mexico City for an extended Dynamite. Naturally, I had my eye on The Future. I didn’t see much but that’s okay. There were more important things to establish. There’s plenty of time for The Future to develop and they should take it. What I will say is that there seems to be positivity surrounding it so, I’m glad that it is indeed looking Bright.

 

As for the action, what I focused on was the opener as we had all Riders of Death on deck for a Fatal-4-Way against Papa Christian, Uncle Edge and the Young Bucks. The Mexico Crowd was lit so it looked like they had a lot of fun. I took note of how Christian and Edge weren’t in much of a mood for the Riders, Jon Moxley especially. The Young Bucks were…there.

 

The Riders, in general, didn’t let Papa and Uncle’s moods frazzle them and showed good teamwork. However, it was Mox who got the win by rolling up Edge while he grabbed some tights. A win’s a win so I guess they’re more or less 1-0 in this current head-to-head. This bodes well for The Future as I see Papa and Uncle laying down“Strike 2”.

 

What to use to make their point is up for discussion but it appears that it is agreed that each of them should be equipped with something…electrifying 😉 It’s only fitting that Papa uses the larger of the 2. I see him making the “point very clear”.

 

Strike 2 should prompt some “introspection” on Mox’s part. Things are changing in the Realm and certain things simply will no longer be tolerated. Is that something that he can “live with”? Only time will tell but for now, all Papa and Uncle need to do is make sure Mox knows that they’ll be a major hurdle going forward. I’ll look forward to seeing this “general disagreement” escalate. I’ll leave the gentlemen to it as The Future Looks Bright.

 

I would say in the wilderness that borders the WWE Universe, we got an interesting tidbit from the one formally known as Aleister Black. I wasn’t going to partake of his teaser trailer but it kept showing up so I broke down and watched. I try not to dabble too much outside of shows and general reporting to maintain a somewhat objective perspective. Since I comment on this stuff, I don’t want to be too biased and in Black’s case, I am a fan.

 

Yet, when it comes to my fandom, I try to keep it realistic because, ideally, I would like to befriend those I admire and that can’t happen if I’m a giddy, excited fan. I have to remember that they are mortal. So, I do what I can to keep my affinity in context and respect that these people are just that, human beings living their lives just as anyone else would.

 

Regardless, I appreciated what I saw. It looks like someone in his circle suggested getting into better shape and I liked how the dark, brooding mood remains though sprinkled with a touch of the man who lies underneath. As for losing the hair, well, he is getting older and it was starting to thin. If he didn’t want to take a trip to Türkiye and get that sorted, the electric razor is the next best thing.

 

All in all, he looks good. Many are expecting him to turn up in TNA or maybe head to NJPW but most doubt a return to AEW. I still stand by my hunch that he’ll return to WWE. A guy like this, as his trailer seems to prove, needs high production values. He needs to be presented and the other promotions just don’t have the proper means.

 

If he does return, as I posted previously, I feel it wouldn’t be until next year so hopefully he can book some Indy dates to stay ring ready and “lethal”. You know, in preparation but given what I saw, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he was an entrant for the Royal Rumble. He doesn’t have to win it but he would have to be like one of the final 5. It's not imperative that he returns then but in the event that he does, he would have to demonstrate a “strategy”. Everything would be “strategic” in what we would assume is his third and final run. There’s an “endgame” and it will be executed.

 

As we all know, he’s not getting any younger so that plan should lead to acquiring a major Title. Perhaps even both and non-believers should scoff at the sentiment but they should start to drop off as it becomes clearer and clearer that there is a “reckoning” upon us.

 

Personally, I would book him formidably. He would have to win at least 85% of the time and when he doesn’t it’s either due to hijinks or a brutal disqualification. It has to be clear that this iteration will not be trifled with. Too much to do and too little time.

 

I would have him quickly ascend in the mid-card. Probably take the Intercontinental Title. Then maybe the US Championship and once those are acquired, the big prize in the Undisputed Title and/or the Heavyweight Championship. The latter is a little harder to believe but if it is in the hands of say, Seth Rollins or Finn Bálor then it’s believable.

 

For those, the strategy fully comes into play. He could win the Money in the Bank Contract and simply wait for the right time to cash in. Once a major Title is in hand, the game becomes simple. Get it off of him. It shouldn’t be an easy feat and it all doesn’t have to happen in the ring. His should be a demonstration of mind over matter. Where he can’t win with physical strength, he uses psychological tactics or the technicalities of the rules. All that really becomes clear is that he is a force to be reckoned with whether anyone likes it or not.

 

His effectiveness could be what attracts an internal following because let us face it. With factions like the Bloodline, Judgment Day and whatever comes up from NXT around, he’ll need some back up from time to time. And those who do get the jump on him should face “debilitating consequences”. It would be a new age but thankfully for those on the roster, it shouldn’t last that long but will be daunting while in play.

 

There’s always room for Zelina Vega/Xelina to return as well. And she can remain the “High Priestess” while pursuing her own goals. I can see her cunningly acquiring the Intercontinental Title or US Championship as well. Perhaps have her “Me Time” and find another petite lady to partner with and pick up the Tag Team Championship. There’s also room for the occasional dose of dark humor and of course alluringly dark vignettes. I’m all for it and my gothic compatriots should follow suit quickly if done properly.

 

My original idea of an “unknown interloper” could be used for Shinsuke Nakamura. We all know they don’t know what to do with him. So, why not have him “go into business for himself”? He can eventually explain himself 日本語で。And with the help of translating apps of choice, others could gravitate as well. I’m thinking Akira Tozawa may at some point and he could bring along Otis for some comedic relief. And if Naraku/EVIL debuts anytime soon, there’s an in. Just some ideas.

 

As for Mr. Büdgen, I suppose we’ll see what unfolds but I don’t think he has much to worry about. Worst case, he gets an acting gig in a European or American thriller where he’s the serial killer or the “hunter” who finds him. I’d check it out if it gets over 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. All power to him. May he find a path that leads him to satisfying peace.

 

And with that, we head back to the familiar “civilization” that is the WWE Universe. It’s SummerSlam Fallout and we officially move on to the next thing. For tonight, we can expect Jade Cargill to get her summer midterm to be proctored by Charlotte Flair. Chelsea Green will celebrate managing to become the Women’s Champion. And we'll see how Kevin Owens starts to “fuck things up” and how long it takes to piss CM Punk off. Should be fun.

 

I’ve decided to get rid of leftovers for tonight so I don’t have to cook. I’ll be nice and settled in for the evening by show time. Go and have some extra fun for me if you don’t stay in. For those who do, I suggest you get prepped and comfortable. We’ll have our fun at 8pm PDT.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 

 


Comments