SummerSlam 2026 - Day 2

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Welcome to Day 2. So, Day 1 has nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone went out with something to prove and for the most part earned their keep so, can’t complain there. The Bella Twins turning on Paige was the major “surprise” so, we’ll see how that plays out. I guess that means Paige will be returning to Singles action. Randy Orton decided to ruin Cody Rhodes’ day. And Brock Lesnar gave Oba Femi his vote of approval. It wasn’t a bad night.



For Day 2, I’m not going to look at everything but the 2 matches that have my attention aren’t the main event. They intrigue me because the players involved have more on the line than most so that gives it just a little bit more flavor. Let’s explore the potential tastes.



Firstly, I’m looking at Trick Williams and Baron Corbin. Corbin returned to WWE action ready to box and that has put a “damper” on William’s ascension, so they’re gonna have this out right now. 



Personally, I’m rooting for Corbin because you’d hope he wasn’t brought back just to job. Williams has star capability but that doesn’t have to happen now. If anything, I’d appreciate him building some “character” in front of us. Corbin has unfinished business, so I envision him just being a bit hungrier than Williams.



However, Williams is the type to use unsavory tactics so, if Williams does get the W, I’m thinking it’s through “unsportsmanlike conduct”. So, in the end they just gotta put on a good match. It’s certainly possible and to a certain extent, I won’t expect anything less 😉



The 2nd match I’m looking at is Finn Bálor vs. Sami Zayn. This one is loaded for separate reasons as Bálor has history and Zayn is just bent out of shape. In this I feel the focus, as much as Zayn should try to steer it, is Bálor. 



I hope this is foreshadowing for Bálor getting the full Dæmon treatment. I don’t know when that would happen but the subtle hints on television recently about how he looks younger and is in the best shape despite being in his 40s and now we bring up the history of his WWE debut and having to forfeit the Championship due to injury. If the former hadn’t happened it’s just the usual hype but there’s this...attention and it may be a long shot but I’m hoping it leads to them presenting him as they always should have presented him.



I know the word is that TKO/WWE isn’t feeling supernatural gimmicks but Bálor is the exception ‘cause in my mind, if he’s presented effectively, he’s the modern era’s UnderTaker. It’s a little late, true but the beauty of the gimmick is that it can work as long as he doesn’t look a day over 45. 



This would be minimal, though. We’ve got to be eased into this sort of pool. Ideally, something happens to trigger it. It doesn’t have to happen with Zayn, specifically but it could if Zayn uses underhanded tactics. 



If Bálor is, say some reincarnation of an ancient fearsome entity you could believe this being having underlying resentment towards we “lesser beings” that are human. We would have moments of weakness that lead us to do things that only do more harm than good. 



If Bálor loses, under the current circumstances, I would think that Zayn would resort to some mild form of cheating, validated by the shortcuts he says everyone else is taking. If he’s gonna to stay in the picture, he has to play like everyone else does. 



The audacity to play such a silly prank on the likes of Bálor could light a fuse. A overhead light could blow. A monitor on one of the announce tables could fry. Something. Most should just write it off as a malfunction. It happens. But it should be the first of many. 



If Bálor wins, then it’s all according to plan. We could notice how he simply “gets better”. Skin remains clear. Cuts and bruises are gone the next day. We just write it off as Bálor taking good care and blessed with good genes. Sure, that’s what it is. Then one day someone pisses him off and then the weird shit starts happening and gradually escalating.



Either way, one day we would “witness the truth” and get the sick reveal and he properly dæmons-out. That is the dream. Will we get it? It’d be nice but we’ll see what they do. If not that, at least give the man his due. He’s earned it.



I’ll give an honorable mention to Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns but only to express that I think this is gonna get interference just like the Rhodes/Punk Match. From what’s going on, I would guess that Bron Breakker decides to either join back up with Rollins ‘cause it’s better than rolling with those “losers” the New Vision and take Reigns out for him. Or Bronson Reed returns and takes out Rollins to take him down a peg and give Reigns the win so that the New Vision try to make some point of "running shit".



I doubt the Bloodline intervenes because too many people are bitching about it and that old angle of antagonizing fans isn’t gonna go over these days. They need to bring in our money, not turn us off. I’m sensing some other bullshit sways the outcome so the beef can continue and I’m fine with that. Gotta keep the show rolling. 



That’s what I’m looking at tonight. Day 1 was solid so Day 2 just has to match it. It had some good moments but nothing mindblowing occurred so there’s a good chance they meet the mark. They just have to have fun out there and not phone it in. They should be fine. 



We get started at 3pm PDT. They were pretty perfunctory on Day 1. We were in and out by 6:30pm. Plenty of time to have a whole second half to the evening. There’s more to partake of but only if you’d like. Nothing wrong with that. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments