SummerSlam 2026 ─ Day 1

Happy Summer Slam, Enthusiasts!


Welcome to Day 1. I’ve been chatty recently and will have more to say so I’ll keep to the point. I’m only looking at 2 matches but I’ll watch them all and I think I won’t be alone for the most part. Let’s get into it.



The first match is the Nick Aldis vs. GUNTHER. Now, we kinda have to presume that this will be Aldis’ Retirement Match ‘cause I’m not sure who really wants to see him wrestle but I respect he had a career and can do it. So, I’m going into this as his last hurrah. If that’s the case, all he has to do is pretty much what he did on SmackDown. Put up a good fight. 



There is the off chance that he makes the unlikely transition to roster but he’d have to put on quite a show. I’m just being realistic. Anything is possible but I never heard of Aldis until he became General Manager. He clearly used to do something ‘cause he keeps in shape but I was never gonna do the deep dive. It’s no disrespect to him, it’s just that’s my general interest level. I’ll give him a chance but I’m not holding my breath. He showed he can hang so…go hang. I don’t know if it leads to a Title run but stranger things have happened so, let’s see what you got.



GUNTHER just has to be bent out of shape either way so, this is Aldis’ show. If there was ever a time, it’s now.



So, that leaves for me Cody Rhodes vs. CM Punk. Friday night is mostly why. The backstory is great but will they be able to sell it? Here’s where it gets interesting to me. They’re not trying to hurt each other and be honest, we don’t want them to but we want to believe the fight. 



Here, they gotta think like a movie. This is a live action movie. We lose the disbelief when we see the pulled punch. They may have to play more for the TV than for the Crowd but as safely as possible. It will be a delicate balance. I know they can do it but it will be a matter of will they. 



I would suggest relying more on skill than sacrificing the flesh. It’s okay to fool us. That’s the point but they need to sell the fight without too many pulled punches. They have to go for it as delicately as possible because we don’t want to see a "real fight" we want to see a belivable one.


That’s why I call this “professional roughhousing”. You gotta act like you’re fighting your cousin when your parents are out. You want to put the hurt on but you can’t leave any marks. This is a measure of grit so they have to show us what they got but we don’t want anyone on the Injured List unless scripted so that is where they show us their mastery. 



If this results in Punk or Rhodes rolling out in a wheelchair and bandaged up on Monday, we have to believably see why. Knowing all the while it’s an act but we buy it anyway. You know, for the sake of story. They manage that, and I’m sure they can, I don’t care who wins. It goes to whoever sells it most. 



It’s promising. Most are looking at this match rather than Rollins vs. Reigns so…no pressure 😉 They both get the game so we’ll see who’s take is better. I expect Punk to retain but Rhodes doesn’t have to like it.



So, there’s where my head is at. Everyone else just has to have fun and earn their keep and we’ll see if I got half a clue. Party starts at 3pm PDT.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments