Okay, Leave Your Bookmark Here While We Witness EVOLUTION!

A Good Sunday to You, Enthusiasts.

Tonight we gather for an evening of historic nature as the Ladies congregate to perform the first ever women’s only PPV.   Now, being a woman myself, I appreciate this moment but at the same time I must admit something.  My love for “wrassling” doesn’t stem solely from the sport.  There are somewhat ulterior motives because I do rather enjoy watching scantily clad men writhe around for viewing pleasure.  Yes, I do admit and embrace the underlying sexual element and draw of this form of entertainment.  And so, my excitement is somewhat limited for this event because quite frankly, there’s nothing for me to “look at”.  I’ll have to watch for the wrestling prowess of these ladies and that’s not a bad thing but as you can understand it won’t be quite as much fun as if the boys were playing.  Yet, it’s not so much because they’re girls, it’s because I’m not attracted to them.

Conversely, this could be cause to conjecture that the viewership for this event could be quite high for the opposite reasons I just confessed.  Men may watch more for the tantalizing element as opposed for the strides in Female Entertainment and that should more or less be expected.  Though, socially we are frowning more than ever upon the objectification of women, you can’t help but have in the back of your mind that this event may have an underlying “pervy” element.  Naturally, the WWE will focus on the sense of empowerment and forward thinking but ‘twould be folly to think there won’t be those watching for all the wrong reasons. 

Nevertheless, we can’t allow these unfortunate realities to hamper progress.  Tonight, it will truly be Ladies’ Night!  The matches of importance will more than likely revolve around the tag-team with Alexa Bliss & Mickie James vs. Lita & Trish Stratus.  You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if the veterans turn on this bratty little upstart in Alexa Bliss.  You know, for a little Attitude Era nostalgia.  Then we have to consider Becky Lynch and Charlotte’s bout for the SmackDown Women’s Title.  This should be a solid match.  I don’t know how I feel about Lynch’s pseudo-heel turn but if she can keep it interesting, I won’t complain.  And I’m fairly sure this event may very well close with Ronda Rousey facing off against Nikki Bella for the RAW Women’s Championship.  For some reason, Nikki plays better as a heel and to her credit she’s improved exponentially in the ring since her debut.  This might actually be a fun match.  I expect to hear mad shit talk throughout.  Besides that, the other lesser known lasses have to take this opportunity to get their names on the map.  We’ll see who impresses.  Funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, they’ll get liked and retweeted if they make the grade.  Don’t work too hard out there.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments