RAW Acknowledges the IWC's Need to Mourn...

How Are You Doing, Enthusiasts?

 

This week starts off on a dreadful note. As you all know Benjamin Satterley, better known as PAC or Neville for those who never watched AEW, has passed. To say I’m shocked is an absolute understatement and the IWC is reeling. Finally, some details are coming out about his passing and they don’t provide much solace other than it’s looking like it wasn’t a suicide but it does allude to something physiological was not right.

 

Early reports are stating that Satterley was found unresponsive in a car outside a restaurant outside of Chicago. It sounds like he was found by restaurant employees and the authorities were then called to the scene. From what I can gather, it sounds like EMTs were unable to revive him.

 

I’m a little surprised he was alone. I’m not sure how late this was and I’ve read that he often travels back to England so, perhaps this is his own after-show ritual. It just paints a more realistic picture. Never forget that we enter this world alone and leave it just the same. Who you are changes none of this.

 

To say it’s an ill-fated end doesn’t even begin to express the emotions. I did not know the man but I was an adamant fan. I was always talking him up. I saw his work was nuts out there. He did things other wrestlers simply cannot do. That’s why I would call him a little beast and the “real Wolverine”. Others just couldn’t compare.

 

Given his passing, many other wrestlers have offered up their condolences and have spoken on his genuine goodness as a person. He seems to have had an admirable nature. So, I can at least smile knowing that he was a great guy too. There is no doubt that he will be sorely missed.

 

I have to say that this measures right up there with Bray Wyatt. Maybe even surpasses it given it was so sudden. Wyatt was sick for a time before he passed so there was at least explanation but this came right out of nowhere. He just wrestled. Frow what I saw, he looked fine. I would say that he was getting to a point where the musculature could have been affecting his movement but the last thing you would think is that you wouldn’t see him tomorrow.

 

That said, many less sensitive commenters have been suggesting that the real culprit here probably was steroids or some unfortunate combination of PEDs. It’s not unlikely but I won’t speculate too much. His passing being so sudden, the most we can deduce is that he either had a heart issue, perhaps undiagnosed or maybe an aneurysm or embolism. It will be a while before the autopsy results are in. Regardless, this will take some processing. It will be some time before many of us will feel right and so, let’s commence the grieving process with a moment of silence. We were graced by his presence and may he rest forever in peace. 🙏🕊😔

 

✦✦✦

 

Okay, let’s get into wrestling. The shows will go on though they’ll be tinged with sadness for the rest of this week anyway. I did get myself over to the rogue city-state of MLW again and I will make it part of my weekend routine from here on out. The standouts this time around were Killer Kross having some fun with Austin Aries in their main event Tag Team Match. I forget their partners. Kross and Aries were obviously mixing it up so they gained my attention.

 

Honorable mention goes to the 2 Ladies that provided the feminine element for the evening, Lady Frost and a lady by the name of Masha. It was on par with what you’d see on  AEW if not a little smoother if you ask me. Let’s just say it certainly could have been worse.

 

In the Realm of AEW, they had their decisive All Out PPV where we witnessed Will Ospreay sit himself at the top of the heap with a victory over Jon Moxley. I wasn’t hearing good things in the feed but from what I saw, it wasn’t a bad match. I was actually surprised Mox kept up as much as he did with Ospreay. We know Mox isn’t the nimblest but he was able to stay in the dance without tripping over his own feet.

 

True, it did deteriorate into a bit of a clusterfuck as the Riders of Death started to interfere. Ospreay’s firm, The United Empire plus new recruits were on hand to lend support. Even his lady love, Alex Windsor came out to deal with Marina Shafir, head bandaged and all so, Ospreay can’t say she never did anything for him 😉

 

Towards the final moments, the old briefcase that once held the World Title while Mox held it before came into play. Rider philosophy allows for doing “anything necessary” to accomplish the goal. And so, in theory, underhanded tactics are considered “fair game”. The Riders expected Mox to use it as a weapon. Mox had noticeable reservations but acquiesced to Rider Logic in the end. Yet, it was not enough to keep Ospreay down but that was the beginning of the end.

 

It took a few Hidden Blades but Mox eventually stayed down leaving Ospreay to retain. Mox was gracious enough after and I suppose that is that for the time being.

 

From what I was seeing in the feeds, many commenters didn’t like the all the interference, calling the main event “overbooked” but to me it made sense for the future but with PAC now out of the picture, what that was will have to change. It was clear he was being factored heavily into it.

 

He still can be, however. I am almost certain he will be. Having actually ridden death, he can easily become the Riders’ “Patron Saint”, so to speak. All that they do going forward could be to honor their fallen solider. He could also become a “sore spot” as a talking point leading to vicious lash outs when spoken ill of or used in a pointed punchline. Things could get very intense in the realm. I would say it’s safe to assume Mox isn’t the best at reconciling his emotions.

 

As for The Future, I hazard to say. It seems inappropriate to think on that at present. I feel I will refrain for at least 30 days to allow everyone time to grieve and come to terms. I don’t think it’s derailed but how to move forward needs to be thoughtfully reconsidered and that could take time. The timeline is certainly affected I would say but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Gravitas could make The Future a bit heavier than anticipated but would add to the drama. We’ll see, but for now The Future Is on Hold…but Still Looks Bright.

 

Over in the WWE Universe, many will be looking to see how they honor PAC’s passing. He did come up through NXT and I do remember his time in WWE though I feel AEW made better use of him. As for scheduled programming, Dragon Lee will see if he can level out Big Cass. Roxanne Perez will see what else Lola Vice brings to the table. LA Knight will have some more words for the Tribal Chief, Roman Reigns. Oba Femi will have some words on the New Vision. And the Bloodline will attempt to recover Solo Sikoa. He may be in the trunk of a car in some vacant lot somewhere.

 

It’ll be another early showing but it should be one of the last. I’m not sure if everything is going to slot into place in time for me to comfortably make it to Money in the Bank but I should certainly be good to go by Survivor Series so we’ll see. It’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t go down but it’d be nice. In any case, take care out there. This is going to be a tough week so, practice self-care and appreciate what you have in this life. It can be taken from you at any moment.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments