SmackDown Starts the Tour of Mexico
How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?
Welcome to the
weekend! So, there are a few things we can chat about tonight. I’ll admit they
primarily concern the Realm of AEW but there’ll be some spillover into the WWE
Universe. Nothing too shocking, just my take as usual but I could get a little
carried away so, if you got other things you want to do, you may want to circle
back. It’s my blog after all, so I’m not gonna hold back. Ready? Here we go.
In the realm, we’re
seeing how the future will take shape but first a couple tributes were the
focal points for this week’s Dynamite. I heard that this show was going
to be a tribute show for Rebel Heart initially. She’s a lady wrestler who is
stricken with ALS,
but I don’t know much about her. I was shocked to see that the disease has already
done a number on the poor dear. She’s wheelchair bound and is losing the ability
to speak. My heart goes out to her. I can see it’s a hard disease to watch
someone suffer through, especially if they’re someone who prides themselves on
physicality. I hope she finds peace in her final years. She seems like a
sweetheart.
On top of that, they included tributes to their fallen compatriot in Andy “The Butcher” Williams. That one is too bad yet, I couldn’t help but notice that he was a rough 48. You have to wonder what his health was like at the end. It would appear that the years were hard on him. We can only hope he found his peace. It’s clear he left a positive impression nonetheless and it’s always hard to see the good ones go. Word is that this week’s Collision will be dedicated to him entirely. So, it’s an emotional week for fans of the realm.
As for the action, of course my personal focus is on The Future and I’m intrigued by how it may manifest. At the moment, it looks like the Brits will have a major part to play. And may I just say, that I love the taste of “Dirty London” they’re offering up. Feel like I’m watching Guy Ritchie’s and Jason Statham’s nephews go to work.
Will Ospreay had
to start his action early as he came to the aid of Andrade when The Dogs led by
Gabe “The Hooligan” Kidd jumped him. Ospreay had to scatter them off with a
little help from Marina Shafir and Jon Moxley who came to sit in on Commentary.
Ospreay had to take care of David Finlay and then later in the show was ballsy enough
to interrupt a Riders of Death meeting to have a word with Mox.
The meeting just
so happened to concern Ospreay by the way. Both PAC and Kidd don’t like him.
Not sure why Mox has given him the benefit of the doubt but that’s the way it
is for now. We have to admit that Mox has his own particular code of conduct
and for the time being, he’s willing to give Ospreay a fair shot. However,
Ospreay is feeling he’s ready for the next level and if that means leveling out
the one he has to thank for it, so be it.
Mox stayed cool
while Ospreay was around but PAC never left the conversation and when Ospreay
left, Mox let the frustration out. Yup, PAC saw all that. What does that
mean? Well, I can’t say just yet ‘cause from my POV, I think this is all
happening a little fast.
I’m glad Ospreay
dropped the numbered canvas and is just getting out there and dancing. Now, I
can see the potential so to speak but he’s proceeding as if it’s already been
reached it in what…like 3 months? I know he’s been slanging for years and knows
what he’s doing but he’s still relatively young and we can honestly say this is
a style change. Would he be “top dog” so soon?
I guess it
depends on what the realm has in store for him. However, this could be used in
terms of advancing the story, depending on how All Out goes. To look at it on
paper, you’d think that Mox has to pick up the L since Ospreay does appear to
be the newly anointed “Face of the Company” yet, this fresh cockiness he’s
emanating could definitely be used against him by a more seasoned Moxley. Not
to mention that Mox leads in the head-to-head.
We also can’t
forget that MJF is absent at the moment. I can understand him “licking his wounds”
after going down to Andrade at All In but he had that fiery promo denouncing
Ospreay. Could he bust up this party and DQ it? Maybe make some claims it ought
to be a Triple Threat? That doesn’t quite set him up for Strike 1 but it could put
beef in the pot to simmer so it’s a plausible lead up.
Also, what are
the stakes? Did I miss that? Does whoever win become a Double Champ? Is it just
for bragging? What? It all depends on what they want to do here. If Mox wins,
that could leave Ospreay to have a mild “existential crisis”. Perhaps his
britches are a little snug. If Ospreay wins, does that lead to dissension within
the Riders’ ranks? We know PAC would have a big helping of “I told you so…” for
Mox. I get the feeling Kidd would just want to stomp Ospreay out. Would he do
that and threaten Rider leadership?
I can see Mox
being gracious about a loss but it could also be an indicator of the “beginning
of the end”. It’s hard to say at present but the one thing I do know is that
The Future, if done right, would certainly be the next big thing to go down in
the Wrestling World so, they got to start setting it up soon. I will say that I
like how I can’t really see it coming so, all is right with the world there. I
will be watching. No pressure 😉
I’ll just close
realm matters with a little time on this Steven Borden, Jr. aka Sting’s kid. It’s
cracking me up how he’s getting people all hot and bothered on the internets.
He’s like hot for 1987 and he wasn’t even born yet. You could so see him being
a cop on Miami Vice with a few lines. Came up through the academy with
one of them or something. Given all the talk, he may have gotten a couple other
appearances. Him and Mike “SpeedBall” Bailey just have this retro appeal
and in both cases it was before their time. How’d this happen?! Are they
reincarnations or something? Borden is so like someone’s attractive uncle in an
old polaroid.
I will concur that
Borden is the spitting image of his Dad. His Mom was just a vessel apparently
for Sting’s second coming. As for his prowess, there is certainly promise. He’s
not that bulky but he’s got a good lean build. It looks like he’s tall and dark.
It looks natural, I don’t think it’s a tan. Do they got some Italian in the blood
or something? It’s no matter, just curious. We’ll see what this kid does. It
will be interesting how he navigates his career. They’re definitely big shoes
to fill but there’s enough distance that he can forge a path of his own. We’ll
also have to watch to see if all the attention goes to his head. I wouldn’t say
he’s in Roman Reigns territory but he’s 2nd in line when it comes to
hotties in the industry.
He doesn’t do it
for me, personally. It’s the 80’s look. Though he’s younger, I feel like I’m in
a time warp. And then I’m old enough to have babysat him so…what’s he got that
I need? New kid who looks like a friend’s uncle. Too many wires crossed for me
but if he doesn’t already have a special someone, there are plenty lining up.
Get ready, kid.
In the WWE
Universe, it looks like Ric Flair is back in the Brass’ good graces. Whatever
falling out he had with Triple H has been mended and he’ll be back in the building
to need someone to watch him. I can see how he could be useful down the line but
I’ll get into that if/when the time comes. We’ll see if they let him on TV in
the meantime.
Well, I thought
the field trip to Mexico City was going to start next week but it looks like
everyone’s down there now. For tonight’s SmackDown, we can expect to see
Ricky Saints try to upset Rey Fenix for the AAA Cruiserweight Championship. Damian
Priest and R-Truth will battle the War Raiders for those AAA Tag Team
Championships they’re carrying around. Nikki Bella and Paige will have a
respectable cat fight. Chelsea Green will put on her face gear and let Nia Jax
try to take the Women’s Championship from her. We’ll hear from The Viper, Randy
Orton. He’ll explain to us the delicate points of proper viping and how its keen
usage is what led him to victory over Cody Rhodes. And CM Punk will try to
quiet this rabble rouser Sami Zayn and retain the Undisputed Championship.
I got dinner to
make tonight but what may hold me up is the US Open. It’s the Men’s Semifinal.
It’s on now and hopefully it’ll wrap up by showtime but I have a workaround
just in case. Worst case, I’ll catch up later. Don’t wait up but if it all
works out, you know where to find me.
See You in a
Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

Comments
Post a Comment