RAW Gets Back to Work on Labor Day...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Welcome to a new week! Most of us in the States have today off so I hope this is a leisurely start for you if that is your lot. If not, I hope this week is a good one for you. Life carries on as you can see.

 

It’s relatively quiet in the Wrestling World as it has suffered a loss in the passing of “The Butcher” real name Andy Williams. I only knew of him so I don’t have any real words to say outside of offering condolences. I think his passing resonates more given he suffered the fatal medical emergency at a show. It reminds us that these Titans are mortal and that none of us are guaranteed anything in this world. Our next breath can be our last so proceed with some respect and consideration. Get those health check-ups as well. Prevent the tragedy if at all possible.

 

As for this weekend’s action, it was subdued I would say. AEW’s Collision was pre-recorded and so it wasn’t directly affected. There’s not much to report on it other than it does appear that Andrade and “The Hooligan” Gabe Kidd do look to factor in the future. Their match caught my interest due to this likelihood.

 

Kidd led more with his “bad attitude” so it’s clear he’ll be lighting some fires in the months to come. Andrade continues to make his biggest statements in the ring though I do agree with the Announce Team that if he’s gonna continue to de-pants himself as part of his gimmick, he should look into getting some tear-aways. He’s a sitting duck if he takes all that time getting them off. I’d attack him 😉

 

Regardless, I’m sure they’ll offer up some tributes to The Butcher on this week’s Dynamite. The WWE Universe suffered a loss as well but I never knew Bill Dundee and he passed while in his 80s and so, though unfortunate not such a reminder of our mortality as with The Butcher. May they both rest in peace.

 

As for Sunday Night: Main Event, I would say that these passings did have an influence on what we saw. It was a very standard mini-PPV and that’s okay. I think if The Butcher were still with us, they probably would have gone a little harder with the show, so to speak, but SmackDown was solid so there was no real reason to jockey for position at the moment. Just have a good show and let people grieve. I find it a respectful move.

 

Given that, there were no real surprises. I thought the Li’l Yachty vs. Baron Corbin match could have been way sillier but they had fun with it. Corbin was a good sport and that’s all he had to be.

 

Bron Breakker and Oba Femi could have gone for it more, in my opinion but I think as an amuse bouche for the future, it sufficed. Word of Bronson Reed returning had been circulating so to see him crash and the rest of The New Vision interfere was par for the course. We’ll see how Femi responds. Though he may be “The Ruler” he is still only 1 man. He may need some back up against these jokers. Guess we’ll see who doesn’t mind standing in his corner.

 

The Ladies kept it professional and Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes kept things interesting with The Viper viping his way to victory. Letting Rhodes be “too nice” was a nice touch since that has been the general theme of late. Rhodes is too nice to “go there” to be the “bad guy” as this lifestyle will push you into being from time to time. Dogs who don’t eat dogs leave themselves open to become dinner. Is that what we witnessed this past Sunday night? I suppose we’ll see how this figures into Money in the Bank.

 

In the meantime, focus is on the upcoming field trip to Mexico City set for next week and I guess we could get some mild Fallout from SNME. For tonight’s RAW we can expect Joe Hendry to have some unfinished business with JD “The Head” McDonagh. The Qualifying Matches for MITB begin as Maxxine Dupri, Sol Ruca and Lyra Valkyria vie for a spot. Bron Breakker, Rey Mysterio and Ethan Page battle for the Men. And Stephanie Vaquer looks to reclaim Championship glory as she takes on Liv Morgan for the Women’s Title.

 

We may get started closer to 6pm PDT tonight due to the day off. Allows me to get the evening routine going earlier than usual. I think we’ll have one more and then you get to decide if you have the time. It’s likely I’ll start at 7pm for that reason. Just because my schedule is set to change doesn’t mean everyone else is obliged to accommodate. Get the early starts in while they last. You know where to find me.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







Comments