SmackDown Returns to 'Merica...
How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?
Happy
Friday! It’s not a particularly good one for me, just mixing up the greetings. The
Wrestling World has a few grumblings but nothing is rattling the windows, so to
speak but I got some stuff I can talk about so let’s get into to it. Shouldn’t
take up too much of your time.
So,
in the Realm of AEW, I would say that the future is coinciding with The Future
if I’m reading things right. The match/segment order seemed to focus on the key
players. The opener had Papa Christian and Uncle Edge in action. They should
initiate Strike 2 when it’s time. Then Jon Moxley took a moment to speak to
Will Ospreay in monologue in a backstage promo flanked by both PAC and Gabe
“The Hooligan” Kidd. Nice use of vocab words, shall I say. Told ya he’s smarter
than he looks.
The
promo in itself was “telling” in a few ways. I appreciate how Mox is
questioning whether Ospreay is really ready for the Big Time. He’s got points
for a style that has a high degree of difficulty but does he have the chops to
front a company? Mox definitely has the chops but will it be enough to contend
with the prowess Ospreay does bring to the table? Debatable and I suppose we’ll
see come All Out.
What
we also may see is the Riders of the Death start to fracture. PAC doesn’t want
any breaks given to Ospreay and per usual, Kidd just wants to smash the fuckin’
c*nt’s head into the pavement. So, we’ll see if Mox “goes there”.
In
terms of The Future, this is good subplot because things “getting nuts” can
evolve in all sorts of ways. It’s just that if Strike 1 goes down as I see it, that’s
going to take a lot of Mox’s focus. That’s why I keep noticing MJF’s absence.
If he pulls that particular trigger, it should be the catalyst for a “deeper”
sea change within Mox. It starts to get “personal” and it could mark Mox
“losing the plot” a bit.
Dissension
in the ranks can help fill out whatever blanks there may be in this story and
further add to the “building pressure” that leads Mox to continue to act out
and eventually bring The Future into being. This can certainly get good. I’m so
proud 🤗
Personally, I’m all for PAC taking the helm. We all know he can handle himself
and then some in the ring. The only thing he may have to beef up is the
presentation. He may have to become more of a Bastard but there’s time for
that.
The
amuse bouche of what’s to come came in the main event as Mox’s crew took
on Ospreay’s firm. There was good action but you can say they picked on the
little guy in Francesco Akira. They were set to “kill him” after he was choked
out by Mox but Ospreay came to the rescue with some help from Andrade.
Usually,
this is when I’d start bitching ‘cause I’m not sure how we’re supposed to get
behind a bunch of bullies but now this sort of behavior serves The Future as
it’s definitely an example of why “extreme measures” need to be taken and it
can certainly give MJF motivation for Strike 1. His “explanation” will, of
course, be bullshit but for Papa Christian and Uncle Edge, it should give them
some sturdy horses to ride in on when the time comes. There’s a lot to work
with here and plenty of room to fine tune. Good work, gentlemen. Please
proceed. The Future Looks Bright. And the future isn’t looking too bad either.
In
the Indy Wilderness, Malakai/Aleister Black popped into the feed. It appears
that the feelings are mutual in terms of how his WWE return was handled. I was
pissed too as I expressed but not exactly surprised. The shows haven’t sucked
of late so I have less to complain about in terms of Creative but they really
don’t know what to do with the “against type” wrestlers, do they 🙄
In any case, the voiced disappointment supports my suggestion
for a third and final run. This upset should certainly serve as fuel for the
“reckoning” I propose. They don’t know what to do with him? He shows them in
real time. You know I can get behind a “hostile takeover”. We’ll see if it ever
happens. I’ll be hopeful in 2027.
And
so that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Well, for once they have quite
the RAW to follow up. My feed is still full of people gushing about
Roman Reigns’ & Penta’s (Lucha-Mitsu) match. It was awesome. Can’t even
lie. So, SmackDown has to try to keep the good vibes going. Well, stuff
like that can’t be recreated. That’s the beauty of this industry. The magic
happens when it happens. But that doesn’t mean a level of excellence can’t be
maintained.
For
our viewing pleasure we can expect, the Brothers Tonga defending the Tag Team
Championships against the 険悪バクサイ.
We’ll have more Money in the Bank qualifying action as the Ladies have Alexa
Bliss, Jade Cargill and Jacy Jayne box for a spot. Then the Men will have Rey
Fenix, Randy Orton and Trick Williams throw down. That could get interesting.
You’re almost worried about Orton losing. He’s already off his meds and in full
“vipe” mode. We’ll see Cody Rhodes’ sit down for an interview and Sami Zayn
will revel in reclaiming the Undisputed Championship. Taking bets on how long
he keeps it 😉
I
don’t have to cook today so I’ll be nice and settled in by the West Coast
showtime 8pm PDT. Keep the expectations reasonable out there. Let things get
back into a maintainable rhythm. That keeps the great shows the bright spots
they’re meant to be.
See
You in a Bit,
-Nicole
Alexis (^_~)

Comments
Post a Comment