Sunday Night: Main Event (I) ─ Matches of Interest

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Happy Sunday! Hopefully you got Monday off. If not, there’s no shame in catching the show later. Since this is a short card, I’m only looking at 2 matches. Everyone else will just have to earn their keep and I’m pretty sure they’ll be able to do that. So, let’s get into it.

 

The first match I’m looking at appears set to have all sorts of hijinks as Lil’ Yachty tries to stay alive for 5 minutes against Baron Corbin. Given the “training video” Yachty debuted on this week’s SmackDown, it’s hard to say Yachty takes this seriously. I’m thinking he enlists local sports talent either from the Atlanta Hawks or the Atlanta Falcons to do the dirty work for him or this proves to be 5 minutes of comedy while Yachty runs around the ring and perhaps the arena trying to evade Corbin.

 

I don’t mind either as long as it’s entertaining. I think Corbin can be a good sport here and play along so we all have fun. Since the stipulation is that Trick Williams gets a rematch for the US Championship on the same night, there’s a good chance that Yachty is “successful” and another match is had.

 

Also, given Corbin hasn’t had the Championship Belt tailored to his tastes yet, it could very well end up back with Williams but we’ll see. I don’t mind Corbin retaining either. Since Williams is getting comfortable on the main roster and Corbin has been here before, I can accept Corbin getting his due for a little bit. I’d like to see him get the Intercontinental Title at some point as well. I don’t know how likely a major title is at this point with bigger names not going anywhere any time soon but at the same time, I like to see change-ups like that so you never know. The real name of the game is keeping this display fun so we’ll see how much they play with it.

 

That leaves, for me, Bron Breakker vs. Oba Femi. I don’t think this will be the main event but this should be what gets most of our attention. Who will be the real “future” of WWE? To be honest, it’s likely going be to be both these guys and if they do this right, I’m thinking this forges the next big rivalry.

 

We all know that the regular stars can’t play forever with the bulk of them in their forties. WWE has to start prepping the next generation whether they want to or not. Both Breakker and Femi are promising talent. I expect the back or forth to continue for the next 15-20 years. This should be the beginning. And so, I’m expecting a competitive match and I expect both of them to not give an inch.

 

There’s a lot of speculation that we can expect a return this evening and I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it’s Bronson Reed. He may be who tips the balance in Breakker’s favor but you can see in time, that Breakker wouldn’t want assistance. He’d want the top spot fair and square for proper bragging rights so, let these particular games begin.

 

So, that’s what I have my eyes on. The Ladies just have to perform well and Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes know what to do. With Rhodes having “psyched” Orton out on SmackDown, I’d say the odds are in Rhodes’ favor but never count The Viper out. He defaults to “viping” when all else fails.

 

I’ll be cooking dinner for the most part but it’s another pop it in the oven sort of deal for the most part. Everything just has to cook so, I should be nice and comfortable for the show. Should have a nice meal ready after. I suggest you get your spread set, your feet up and enjoy the show. We’ll chat about it, among other things tomorrow.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 

 


Comments