RAW Gets Back Into the Swing of Things...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Hope you had a great weekend. We’re back at it and there’s not much to discuss but I got a couple things we can chat about. Let’s quickly go over it and then get on with our lives. How’s that sound? Here we go.

 

In the Realm of AEW, Collision set the scene for a few matters that will play out abroad as this week’s Dynamite is slated for a Glasgow, Scotland show before they hit Wembley Stadium for All In. Since my primary concern continues to be The Future, I just stopped by to see what was going on with the Riders of Death and they have a bit of a speed bump ahead of them as Claudio Castagnoli bested fellow compatriot in Daniel Garcia to advance in the Continental Cup.

 

Garcia gave a valiant effort though at no point was there any real inclination of him winning. He hung tough, regardless and doubled down on his goofy charm so, no complaints from me. However, the Riders now have to support both Castagnoli and Jon Moxley as they are going to face each other next week.

 

Wheeler Yuta tried to find the positive in the situation but Mox wasn’t hearing it and Castagnoli wasn’t sure what Yuta was implying. Could this be the first real crack in the Rider unity?

 

Castagnoli leads the head-to-head at 1-0 so does Mox even the score or face elimination? Given what’s in play at the moment, I wouldn’t be surprised if some “interference” becomes a factor. I would say that Jay White and/or the Bang Bang Gang may dictate the outcome given the beef. There’s a good chance they ruin Mox’s day. That could definitely start some shit.

 

I’m not sure if the Gang has Don Callis affiliations but we got confirmation that the Riders are in cahoots with The Dogs since “The Hooligan” Gabe Kidd was in attendance for the backstage promo. This could get “messy” which bodes well for The Future. We’ll have to wait and see if this is when things start to “pop off”.

 

In the WWE Universe, there’s a discussion going around in the IWC of which show is the “A” show, RAW or SmackDown. I think on paper, RAW will always be the “A” show yet SmackDown is way more consistent. We see how RAW is hit or miss sometimes. It’s better in recent years but when I started this blog, SmackDown was always the saving grace. RAW would be the definition of a “shit show” sometimes. I used to say they should be ashamed.

 

Nowadays, the big nemesis is Complacency. A lot of older fans and onlookers aren’t very enthusiastic about modern wrestling. It’s too “manufactured”. You got wrestlers wrestling but no personality. Whatever it is, is cookie-cutter cliché, no edge.

 

I can see that. However, I think it’s all in the natural evolution. WWE will always more or less reflect the times it’s operating in. It comes with longevity in the Entertainment Business. Look to The Simpsons and South Park for examples. The main reason they’ve lasted is because of the commentary on current events.

 

What we’re witnessing may be a more sanitized version of the concept but in a way, it has to be. In a society where “cancel culture” is a very real thing, WWE can’t really afford to be off-putting, at least not unintentionally so. That coupled with the general knowledge that the action is scripted, WWE and pro-wrestling promotions in general are forced to offer up a “cleaner” product.

 

Personally, I don’t mind it. It gives a level of legitimacy to the industry. You have to know what you’re doing out there. Can’t just be a pretty face or a wild personality, though it helps. I’d rather see polished practitioners as opposed to charismatic hacks. Though, I think it’s generally agreed that ultimately we want charismatic and polished practitioners. I respect the ideal is easier requested than produced but that should be the hope/dream for the future. I’m not so deterred so let’s see if my interest is held long enough for me to see it come to fruition.

 

In the meantime, we have tonight’s RAW to look forward to. For tonight we can expect, Stephanie Vaquer to take on Roxanne Perez since Vaquer doesn’t care for the Judgment Day. Will get some Luchador action as Dragon Lee takes on Rey Fenix and Penta (Lucha-Mitsu) battles La Parka to see who may face Roman Reigns. I suppose we’ll see how LA Knight and Solo Sikoa proceed since they appear successful in Sikoa’s emancipation from the Bloodline. Something tells me it won’t be so simple, though. And Bron Breakker and Oba Femi will attempt to have a Contract Signing for their bout on Sunday Night: Main Event. I wouldn’t bet on it going “smoothly” but stranger things have happened.

 

There’s an early start time for some reason so we’ll keep it at 6:30pm. There may be one more next week but that should be it. I know I keep saying this but like I also keep saying, the Powers That Be, in my case keep changing the schedule. What’s a woman to do? Well, I’m not letting it get me down for one. Life will carry on as always and so…

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments