SmackDown Scheduled Its Break for Now...
How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?
Welcome to the weekend!
I’m sure as hell ready for it. So, this is AEW’s weekend as big things appear
set to happen at All In. Most expect debuts from the New Day and possibly Ilja Dragunov.
And we can’t forget the big match between Will Ospreay and Kenny Omega. I’ll
touch on it, of course, before getting back to the WWE Universe which is relatively
quiet.
There are debuts
pending as it looks like we’ll get formally introduced to Lola Vice and Zilla
Fatu in the coming days but since those who only focus on the main roster, like
I do, only know of these players, we’ll have to see if we like ‘em.
That all said, let’s
get into the rundown and then we can get back to closing out summer. Sound good?
Here we go.
In the Realm of
AEW, we had some pre-recorded Dynamite to partake of since they’re abroad
at the moment. Given that AEW is prepping for the future, I kept my eyes on The
Future and it mildly intrigues at present. That’s not a bad thing because the future
is more important than The Future because when the Future comes to be, the
future will have to continue, won’t it 😉
And so, I took a
look at the Continental Cup showdown between fellow Riders of Death Claudio
Castagnoli and Jon Moxley. I’d call it a proper “Tom-Cat Fight”. It was hard to
determine if they were battling for supremacy or territory but whatever it was,
it was clear Mox wanted it more.
Castagnoli beat him
up, though. Swung him around tried to choke Mox out but that psycho, sumbitch
just wouldn’t stay down. I would say if the path to The Future requires Castagnoli
to face Mox again, Castagnoli has to just go all out. Put Mox through the
Announce Table. Maybe a few regular tables. Swing him into the stairs, all of
it. Just beat the shit out of him. That’s all he understands. Castagnoli did
demonstrate he knows that but I suppose he holds respect for the leader. I’m not
mad at him. It was a good match.
So, with that decided,
I had to look at this Nigel McGuinness fellow since he’s set to face Mox in the
final. I don’t know anything of his in-ring career but he reads like the realm’s
Nick Aldis…perhaps a bit older. He may not be a General Manager but he’s on
Commentary from time to time.
He took on Kyle O’Reilly
and I’m glad people are saying something is up with his eye because I’ve been
noticing that for a while. I thought he just wasn’t getting any sleep but there
may be a broken orbital bone in there somewhere. That explains it.
McGuiness isn’t
100% either but I don’t know how real that is. Regardless, the man is wily.
Never saw someone slip a hold onto a referee before. I definitely gave him
points. It was that wiliness that got McGuiness the win and now we’ll see if he’s
crafty enough to best Mox.
Personally, I’m
not banking on it given the “injury”. It will probably be a solid match but it’s
still a little early for The Future to kick in so I’m thinking Mox prompts McGuiness
to hang it up for good but stranger things have happened. There could be “interference”
or McGuiness could “outsmart” Mox. He’ll have to use all the tricks to stay
competitive so, we’ll see.
I feel I should
touch on Will Ospreay for a moment because I caught his opener and I have to
say he overshot the mark. He started off good, though. He spoke of his humble
origins. Grinding like any other bloke up to now and finally it’s all paying
off, right there in his home country for his family to see. It’s the dream come
true! Yet, he then got to talking about his son. Why? We know Omega “went there”
but bringing it up like he did makes this seem like foreshadowing to a loss. Mainly,
because giving it that much attention admits that Omega got to him.
I think Ospreay
feels it’s a way to give some emotional gravitas to the match but it’s not necessary
to that extent. We know it’s a “soft spot”. We also know that this isn’t real. Now,
he sounds like he doesn’t know this is for play-play. All he had to do is say
something at the end like, “Oh, and Kenny…keep my family out your mouth, bruv
or we’ll have real words and it won’t be in a ring…” That would have been
enough. Ospreay would have made his point. Leave the family out of it or it
will “get real”. Now, I don’t know how this goes and maybe Omega went too far 😲
This is what I
mean when I say I don’t know about Ospreay sometimes. I know he’s out there doing
his best but it’s like he doesn’t really get the assignment. I’m not sure what
to do about that. I guess we’ll see how they play it but I wouldn’t be surprised
if “Pai Mei” Omega has some more lessons to teach him.
And so, we’ll
just get into tonight’s SmackDown. The focus is gearing up for the Sunday
Night: Main Event next weekend and that’s a minor event so, there’s not as
much going on, I’ll admit and this show was pre-recorded on top of that so it’s
just not as exciting in the WWE Universe. It does happen.
However, we can
expect to see Paige try to “put things right in the world” as she battles Jacy
Jayne for the US Championship. Chelsea Green will tape herself together and
show you can't keep her down with the help of Tiffany Stratton against Nia Jax
and Lash Legend. Cody Rhodes is still pissed at Randy Orton and Kevin Owens
will probably talk himself into a rematch against CM Punk since their match was
riddled with shenanigans.
I’m cooking
tonight but it’s a joint affair so, I should be good to go come show time. No
shame in going out if you have plans. Enjoy the end of summer! But for the homebodies,
clear the decks so that you can put your feet up and enjoy the evening.
See You in a
Bit,
-Nicole
Alexis (^_~)

Comments
Post a Comment