RAW Starts to Brush Up on German for Bash In Berlin...

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

 

Getting back into the swing of things, are you? That’s how it is every week. This one is no different. I may have some new things to negotiate but that’s neither here nor there. I’ll just say this Monday I can tolerate a little bit more than the others. As for the Wrestling World, there are few things we can talk about. Shall we get in to it? Let’s.

 

We’ll start with the less pleasant news as there are reports that along with Bobby Lashley, MVP is on his way out of WWE and it doesn’t sound like they are on amicable terms. The gist I’m hearing is that they’ll let his contract expire and MVP will be free to pursue any appealing endeavors. MVP is at the end of his career but he’s not dead yet so, I’m not sure where he’s best put to use. To look at the situation, perhaps a behind the scenes role at AEW?

 

Some rumors circulating place Bobby Lashley at AEW once the time is right. MVP could pick up being in his corner as well. There are options for MVP but we’ll have to be patient an see which way he goes. It’s unfortunate the connection soured but such is life sometimes. May he find a more fulfilling path.

 

Elsewhere, CM Punk has addressed the bad rap that kinda follows him about. He breaks it down simply. You basically get what you give with him. You come at him with smiles and enthusiasm, you’ll get the same in return. Come at him with an attitude and rudeness, guess what, you get it coming right back at you. He seems to have made his peace with being misunderstood and that’s just what a person has to do in this world.

 

Not everyone will get what a person is about and Punk hasn’t exactly been an open book. I’ve mentioned in this blog about how it took me a while to come around to Punk. I didn’t really get him at first but his popularity was always undeniable. Now, that I’ve gotten a decent look at him, I don’t mind the dude. It does seem more or less like you get whatever you give him and that works fine in the WWE Universe. People know he can get pissy and that makes for good drama so, I’m fine with him. Even with all the hubbub from AEW he hasn’t rubbed me the wrong way. I just think the kids don’t get it and that’s fine too. Let him be the adult beverage that he is and allow yourself to acquire the taste.

 

In lighter news, Rhea Ripley picked up some more brownie points over the weekend as she was tasked to fill in for Cody Rhodes at a meet-and-greet. Why Rhodes couldn’t make it remains a mystery but it seems like Ripley made it all better. There were some heartbroken fans in attendance too so, Rhodes owes Ripley one for turning the frowns upside down.

 

I usually hang back on the fandom because I like to give honest notes when I’m not thoroughly entertained and I like to keep perspective. When I was young, I could get starry eyed but after living in Los Angeles for so long, you realize that the famous are just people and the fandom is kinda ridiculous. Let them enjoy their meal or do some shopping. It’s a person a lot people recognizes. Leave ‘em be.

 

And so, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. The big sell is CM Punk telling us some things and probably shit talking Drew McIntyre. Sheamus is going to see what Pete Dunne’s problem is. The Ladies will try to take the Tag Team Titles off of Isla Dawn and Alba Fyre in a Triple Threat Match. And the Final Testament will face the New Day + Odyssey Jones for or standard 6-Man-Tag. Spoilers have some Judgment Day action as well but I’ll wait and see where all that goes.

 

The unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PDT. Twitter/X is where the fun happens but I cross party on BlueSky. Pick your platform and play along.

 


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 




Comments