SummerSlam 2024 - RAW Fallout

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiats!

 

Did you enjoy SummerSlam? I certainly enjoyed my meal. It was a fun show, I have to say. I liked the drama with Liv Morgan and Dominik Mysterio. Can’t say it was a surprise but I’m glad they went for trash tv shock value as opposed to try to validate some sudden twist. Keep it simple, people. Remember, no one wants to think too much about this stuff. That was perfect. Now Rhea Ripley can put the warpaint on and go out for blood.

 

As for Match of the Night, polls show that GUNTHER vs. Damian Priest won most people over. Personally, I preferred LA Knight vs. Logan Paul but the Heavyweight Championship was compelling. I dug the Finn Bálor Heel-Heel Turn but I worry what awaits. You all know how I feel about how Bálor was handled. If they could just manage to do him solid before he hangs it all up, I’d be happy. He does good work and deserves it.

 

In any case, SummerSlam changed the landscape but in one particular area “re-established order”. The return of Roman Reigns was a lot huger than I anticipated. People were really jonesing for their hot shit. I have already admitted how it just feels different when Reigns is in the house and Saturday night confirmed it without question. I don’t know what WWE does with it but if there was ever a time to iron out all of his kinks, it’s now. Less is more with that guy. Hopefully, they start there.

 

I’ll touch on the CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre match because I liked what they tried to do there. I’m not sure it was a completely successful execution but I think it’s an honest display of what to expect from these personalities. I was expecting it to become an inadvertent Triple Threat since Seth Rollins wasn’t doing the best referee job. I was thinking at some point they’d call in a real one and just have a 3-way brawl but that didn’t happen. McIntyre eventually got his “revenge” and that is that, for now.

 

So, what’s next? It’s hard to say. Reports have Charlotte Flair working on her return while Becky Lynch may stick to motherhood for the time being. Nothing wrong with either in my book. Some may not like seeing Flair back but she knows what she’s doing. That’s all I ask when it comes to this. Lynch has every right to enjoy raising her child. Many don’t have the luxury like she does so, I understand taking advantage. These are her daughter’s formative years and it’s imperative for a parent to be present and participate. Can’t get on Lynch for having her priorities straight. I’m sure she’ll be back in few years when school takes up more attention.

 

And so that, more or less, brings us to tonight’s RAW. We have SummerSlam Fallout to take in now. The newer Ladies will remind us they’re there as Dakota Kai takes on Sonya Deville. Wyatt Sicks will have their first official match against Chad Gable and his newly acquired Creed Brothers. Gunther will address how the inevitable has come to pass and we’ll see if CM Punk and Drew McIntyre can finally shake hands now that Punk got his.

 

Unofficial Watch Party is at 8pm PDT. Just don’t forget it’s on SYFY if you’re streaming/watching the West Coast feed.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 




Comments